THE LIFE CYCLE OF YOUR LINGERIE
3 Reasons Why Your Lingerie Can’t Last Forever:
- 80% of the support provided by a bra comes from the band. The band is made of mostly plastic, so when the elastic breaks down your bra no longer provide the support you are used to.
- Underwires bend over time. This can make your bra misshapen and may make you feel uncomfortable. What may be worse is the when the underwire pops out of your bra!
- Fabric wear and tears happen over time. Your bra may change colours, acquire stains, and maybe even rip!3
Basic Lingerie Care Tips:
- Know your fabrics and what to do with them. Many bras are made with elastic bands and delicate fabrics. Each fabric needs special care and most bras use fabrics that can be ruined with the use of harsh detergents.
- Avoid contact between your lingerie, especially pieces that have high elastic content like shapewear, swimwear, bra, and panty elastic and high heat. Heat from a dryer will ruin the elastic band, which will shorten the lifespan of your lingerie.
- Wash your bras in small batches. This will ensure the safety of your bras specially padded underwired and any other clothing you may have. Stray hooks and damaged boning are no fun especially when they rip your favourite lace bra.
3 Signs of When to Say Goodbye to Your Lingerie:
- First, if your bra doesn’t fit as well as it used to. If the elastic band is stretched out past the last set of hooks, then your bra may be getting too big or just isn’t your size anymore
- If your lingerie has become a COMPLETELY different colour than when you first bought it. This is a sign of too many washes and natural colour fading over time.
- If your lingerie has rips, tears, and frays. These are just normal signs that you have gotten the most life out of your favourite piece of lingerie that you can. Bras especially need to be reliable as they are as much a functional piece of garment as they are pretty, so makormal signs that you have gotten the most life out of your favourite piece of lingerie that you can. Bras especially need to be reliable as they are as much a functional piece of garment as they are pretty, so make sure you’re getting all the comfort and support you need.